Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Day 8 (March 10)

March 10-

Today they started my liquid diet, which sucks but at least I get to put something in my mouth, chicken broth and disgusting jello. I can’t swallow liquids very well so every time I drink something I feel like I’m choking, it sucks because it hurts my head a lot when I choke down water. I had my first physical Therapy session today, i stood up with a walker and started doing exercises to keep the and regain the musles in the limbs I have'nt been using.

I know what happened! Last night James came in and told me to get some sleep, I haven’t slept in three days which is part of the reason I’m hallucinating. I told him about the dream places I go to and how horrible it is, and he doesn’t understand, I tell him how horrible life is and how I have faith in nothing anymore, I try to talk to him about the dreams I believe are real life and he seems confused, I tell him this is a bad dream as well but at least he’s here with me. Then he says something I don’t understand, he says this is real life.

I don’t get it, I try to explain the nightmares. All of them are just that he says…nightmares. Now, I’m somewhat relieved, all the horrible things that are going on in my life aren’t real?! (Ryan’s an amputee from war, my parents were almost killed now they are missing their eyes and teeth, there was a murder in our house, James left me to go to New York, my mom has been starving me for a weird science experiment which is taking out my memories through my dreams and making me retarded, my dad is making me sell my brain to be eaten by people who believe it will make them pretty, I have no hair, I have to wear a helmet that records my thoughts trough the TV, James dad hates me and crashes a boat into my parents house which is now just a weird experimental room that looks like a hospital and I am to be sold as a sex slave when my legs start working and my voice box will be cut out), this is amazing. I ask him, so you want me to go to sleep and when I wake up I’ll be able to walk out of here and go home to San Diego? I’m excited, yea I’ve been living in a nightmare the past 10 days but now it’s over and I’m going home. I close my eyes and open them again, I’m still in this horrible room still unable to move my left side. He is still there looking at me with the saddest eyes. Then he tells me, everything was a dream Rik, but this, this is real. But this dream is one of the worst. I don’t believe him, what happened? I want to scream, What is going on!!?? Then he explains, I was in a car accident, I had to have brain surgery, every day I get better, that’s why I need to sleep. One day we can go back to our old lives but this is life for now. I notice a huge get well sign made by my little sister, I remember Vikki hanging it up the night before. I ask him if he tells me this every day, he says this is the first, I ask him to write it on my arm so I can read it when I wake up. He says he’ll be here when I wake up and he’ll tell me again. When I woke up today, I didn’t need a reminder my memory was back and my nightmares were gone. Im back!

15 comments:

  1. With each posting and with each day that pass, you can tell how strong of a lady you are. I don't think anything could stop you from getting what you want in life. You have a very strong inner core and that is fighting each day to bring you one step closer to being the person you are. One day you will wake up and the past pain will be in the past and you will be able to walk strong and proud and back into your life. I see so many good things for you in your future.
    John

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rikki please let me start by telling you that I am so very sorry to know that you and your family have had to go through such a very horrible thing. First I want to tell you Rikki that I am someone who understands in some way what you are going through due to my own experience almost 12 years ago when I almost lost my life after having my son. I went through a really horrible time between having an artery rupture in my uterus and it needing to be fixed, my bowels shutting down and needing 4 surgeries, ending up with a blood clot in my right let, needing to have blood drawn every day, having to have my son the day before the ruptures by c-section, my waking up during my own surgery and seeing what was going on but not being able to talk for all the tubes and such, the tube that ran down my throat into my stomach, the blood transfusions totaling 27 pints, the high fever after I developed an infection, and hallucinating because of having to be on a high dose of pain meds that made me think that my son was in fetal danger even though I had already seen him, held him, and even tried to breast feed him before I got so sick. I understand the hard road you will have ahead of you beyond your physical recovery and though I do not envy you that you will have to go through it I would like to extend to you the knowledge that you are not alone in that, that there is someone who understands the nightmares and fears of that kind of situation going on around you and that understands how frightening it can be and the lasting effect that it can have as it forever changes your life. You have wonderful support around you and for that I am truly glad. I know too that I am only a stranger whose face you may never see, whose contact you will probably never seek out. Still I would like to extend to you my name as a way to contact me should you ever feel you would like to if for only the purpose of having the knowledge that there is a person who understands the kind of emotions and such that goes along with the kind of situation you are now going through. I know you may never use the information I am extending but me being who I am I feel that it is the right thing to do even if you never do use it. It is always good to do the right thing and for that reason should you ever feel the need to find one person who has been in similar shoes as you that can understand first hand the type of things you have experienced the please feel free to seek me out, again I know you may never do so though. My name is Loretta Robbins and I have two accounts on facebook with that name. One has is under Loretta Robbins and the other is under Robbins Loretta. Through either Rikki you can contact me if ever you would like. Be you famous mogale or poor farm hand everyone deserves to be treated with kindness and every now and again needs a simple kind act, a simple hand held out because its just the right thing to do. For that reason I am extending mine because above all else including fame you are a person and deserve to be treated as such first and foremost. My blessings, well wishes, and prayers go out to you and your family in this time of your need. I am sorry for such a long comment but my heart went out to you and I had to follow my gut. Stay strong and never forget that though it feels like you are alone in what went on inside your mind through this horrible situation you are not. Someone understands first hand and is rooting for you all the way. Hugs to you Ms Rikki and good luck. To Vikki stay strong because I believe you to be Rikki's best support as close as you are. Bye and ty for taking the time to read this as long as it is.



    Loretta Robbins

    ReplyDelete
  3. I´ve just seen the interview with vikki and you! if you see this, and you´re down, it makes you just look up and move forward...i saw a lot of strength and the bond between u 2 is just amazing...you´re gonna make it, I´m sure you do!
    I think the support you get from your fans and the main thing from vikki and your fam, is just the greatest gift you can ever have after all this..look with open eyes and arms to the future!!! keep your strength you´re a little wonderwoman ;-)!!!

    all the best, xoxo simone

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your smile is not possible to spoil!))) You're the most beautiful! How's your arm? Rik please write how you feel now?

    ReplyDelete
  5. A sun above your head
    Just look around and up
    Take a breath from a bottom of your heart
    Life is good, because you're an atom bright

    With Love

    From Ugne-Reda

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi girls!
    Im petra, lesbian, from the netherlands.
    A few days ago i watched every episode of a double shot, the netherland are late with it;)
    I enjoyed the show!
    I wanted to know how the twins were doing...
    BUT! When i found out rikky an vikky has been trough this! i was shocked!
    Rikky ill be praying for you
    And hoping anything is going to be OKAY!
    Ill think of you and your family.

    Lots of love
    petra
    p.v.silfhout@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hopehoping anything is to be ok,go for it,love from Holland, ALIE

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Rikki, how are you feeling?
    I have sure you'll be better soon, I believe that because you' re really special and God is with you.
    I' from Brazil and I like you so much, don't forget this, ok?
    Kisses

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello Rikki. Nice to see u on your feet. I have tried to correspond with you about the accident. I really need some information about the accident. I am trying really hard to make traffic a lot safer in the US, but I need some help to make that possible. I need to have as much information as possible from as many accidents as possible. So if u feel bored and wants to kill some time please feel free and e-mail me and communicate with me. Together we can make a very good goal and make sure this is not happening as much anymore in the US. Kindest Regards Leon Strand
    Leon.strand@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Omg, I truely and dearly hope that you recover Rikki, I really hope that you do...Im like a huge fan of you and your sister. I hope to see you both in person oneday. ooo . I wanted to kno ummm next year on January6 when I turn 21 can I see u 2? Hope U recover soon girl.. oh and if you want you can message me on my email. nikki_muldrow@yahoo.com or badgirlsclub19@hotmail.com. love u hope u get well.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Look at the bright side ;o) They say laughter is the best medicine. Sorry you're not feeling your best. You mean a lot to all of us. May hope be your heart's companion today and always. Hope you're back
    to your cool self again soon! If knowing that someone cares helps the healing process :o) then you should be feeling better already. May you find the courage to face tomorrow in the love that surrounds you today. May good health be yours again soon. Sending hugs and kisses and get well wishes ;o) You are in our thoughts and prayers!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Get well Erica!
    With best regards from Russia)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Omg....I'm so sorry this happened to you :( I've seen you're show "A double shot at love" and you and your sister are beautiful, talented amazing women!! I know i dont know you personally but i feel for people :P I really hope you find your inner stength and get better, never forget that you are somebody and you matter to the world!! Just remember that our lives can change with every breath we take, and yes bad things happen from time to time....but good things happen too :) You're beautiful! Keep your chin up and your head held high, be thankful for everything you have, your sis, your fam and another chance, and thats something worth being thankful for:) <3 <3 <3 When i feel like i cant go on anymore for whatever reason it may be, i just think of everything i have to look forward too!! And it makes me feel better even if only for a while :)
    Wishing you all the best :)
    Stay stong cause you're a princess :)
    XOX~*Britnee*~XOX

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hey Rikki, I'm glad you are getting through this. The biggest help I can give you is this: Check out this site, learn about it, I helped a lot of people with this and I'm sure it can help you too (http://www.dianetics.org/). Stay strong and keep smiling.

    Much Love,
    Lara

    ReplyDelete